Retro and vintage are popular but less known design styles in the design industry. By integrating older styles and colors with modern techniques and approaches, a retro or vintage style can be adapted into effective modern design and catch a viewer’s eye.
Vintage logo designs tend to use near neutral colors, such as tans, pastels and other softer colors, while retro logo designs tend to integrate a sharper, brighter color to attract the viewer’s eye.
Here are some great examples of cool vintage logos and sharp retro logos.
If you’re interested in more logo design inspiration, check out these posts:
- Clever Negative Space Logos – The Power of Hidden Meaning
- Highly Clever Monogram Logos
- Creative and Helpful Logo Design Tutorials
- 30 Clever Logos with Creative Use of Letters and Text
- 30 Clever Punctuation Based Logos
- 15 Fresh and Inspirational Logos
- The 20 Best Logos from 2009
- Eye-Catching Food & Drink Logo Designs
Laughing Water Ranch
Villa Vino Raca
Jaguar Pale Ale
Moss Creek Lumber
The Blender’s Choice
United States Postal Service