While as designers our bread and butter is made creating logos and other work for big corporations, Internet startups and the local doctors and lawyers, many of us got into the field because we dreamed of creating art for art’s sake. And somewhere between the commercial and the artistic is that common dream of designing band logos and creating art for album covers.
Unfortunately, we see far too much art and design in the music industry that we know we could’ve done a better job at. Just look at any of the hundreds of cheap grunge font logos for metal bands.
Here’s a roundup of tasteful band logos for your inspiration.
If you like these band logos and want more logo design inspiration, check out these posts:
- Clever Negative Space Logos – The Power of Hidden Meaning
- Highly Clever Monogram Logos
- Creative and Helpful Logo Design Tutorials
- 30 Clever Logos with Creative Use of Letters and Text
- 30 Clever Punctuation Based Logos
- 15 Fresh and Inspirational Logos
- The 20 Best Logos from 2009
- Eye-Catching Food & Drink Logo Designs
Hope you like this collection of band logos!
Hot Commando Bunny
Outer Borough Brass Band
Zack Walther Band
A Bunch of Marys
Paul Beveridge & Company
Attack with Care
Up Pops the Devil
Suffer No Fools
So what do you think? Can we improve the art of the music industry by applying the knowledge, skills and even trends of the modern design industry, or do those noisy, loud and obnoxious and even clichéd designs that we’re so used to seeing from the music industry have their place?
Let us know about your favorite band logos of all time in the comments.